Kidney Stones Community
Lots of stones in kidney, causing pain?!

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

3 years ago I had a stone removed that was stuck trying to pass. A year later I was in the Er passing another stone, but it passed on its own.
Now, I am having bad kidney pain again and my doctor found 7 small stones in my left kidney, and 2 in my right. But no signs of any of them passing.

It's been months with on and off pain. From mild to severe all in my left kidney. Of course my doc said the stones that are just sitting in my kidney can't be causing this pain. I feel like he has to be wrong!!?

Has this happened to anyone else??
You might want to get a second opinion on this. Why is your Dr. leaving all those stones in your kidney for such a long period of time. That on and off pain, never knowing when it will hit you, can be dibilitating in it's own right, let alone the mental stress you have in that situation. I know because I went through something similar last Spring for about three mkonths until the Urologist went in and got them out. My physician wasn't telling me that they weren't causing pain though. I was just caught in a spot between the VA and my civilian Urologist. It was the civilian that took care of it for me and I had to pay for it but it was well worth it considering!

Ask your Dr. about getting them ALL removed, from both kidneys, and see what he/she says. If you don't like the answer you get, get a second opinion and go from there. Living with kidney stone pain is no fun and believe me, after 30 plus years of these darn things, I know!!.