Kidney Stones Expert Forum
Mid back pain, no gallbladder

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Mid back pain, no gallbladder

My issue is that I had my gallbladder out 2 1/2 yrs ago and now for the past few months I have been having what seems like gallbladder pain.  I have had a cat scan of the area. The findings for adbominal ct was basilar lungs are nonacute.  Abdomen organs are normal postcholecystectomy. Normal bowel.  Normal kidneys without stone or hydronephrosis.  Normal urters. Normal retroperitoneum. Pelvis Ct. Impression: no acute abnormality. No evidence of renal stone or hydronephrosis.  This still does not tell me what is going on. Since I still have trace blood in the urine and dropping white blood cells too, my doctor has given me 2 rounds of antibiotics...the first was cipro for 10 days I felt better but after I stopped taking it the pain and the feeling of sick again came back, I just feel fatiqued, I feel like I get that whole bad gallbladder feeling after eating, I am now juicing for my vegetables and fruits to get the full benefit, but was having this feeling before starting.  Now I am on a sulfa antibiotic for 30 days, I have been on them now for 10 days with no improvement in how I feel and little improvement on the trace blood and white blood cells in the urine.  Can you lead us in a direction that may help me feel better, I have no medical insurance and have had to pay for these tests out of my pocket.  Please help.
Blood in the urine is not normal, but does not necessarily mean an infection.  A urine culture while off of antibiotics is the absolute way to know if you have a urinary infection, and this should be done before giving you antibiotics.  According to your CT results as you have reported them, you do not have stones or kidney tumors or blockage,  The pain you are having could be from scar tissue called "adhesions" from your gallbladder surgery, or from something else.  If the blood in the urine persists and you don't have an infection by culture, you might need to see a urologist to look inside the bladder, called "cystoscopy."