Kidney Stones Expert Forum
im 30 weeks pregnant and have kidney stones

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have multiple kidney stones.. I just recently spent 2 weeks in the hospital in extreme pain trying to pass one that was stuck in my ueter tubes. Is there anything I can do or try my docter has me on vikoden I DONT want to be on it due to being pregnant what should I do
This is actually not that uncommon.  The ureters (tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder) dilate during pregnancy, and most pregnant women will pass their stones without the need for surgery.  If your stone is not too big to pass and is located distally in the ureter, It sounds like treating you with pain medicines as needed and seeing if the stone will pass is reasonable.  

If it doesn't pass, or if it is too big to be likely to pass, you might benefit from an endoscopic stone removal.