Liver Disorders Community
Itching all over...

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Itching all over...

Hi - I recently had two children within a three year period. With both pregnancies I had ICP/Cholestasis of Pregnancy. During the first pregnancy nothing was done to help, but during the second I was prescribed Actigall. The itching did not go away with either pregnancy until I delivered (c-sections). I am now 5 months post-partum from my second child. As far as I could tell, all the itching ended with the birth (just as I was told it would)....until recently. In a moment of shear stupidity the other day, I ate three donuts. This was not a wise choice as I am currently trying to lose 40lbs. of leftover pregnancy weight. About 30 minutes after eating the donuts, I began to itch all over, and it was the exact same itch I had while pregnant. It lasted for about an hour and then subsided. So I guess the moral of this story is...don't eat donuts. HOWEVER.....I am also currently on 60mgs of Cymbalta. I read recently about the FDA liver warnings concerning Cymbalta. Could this be a contributing factor to the itching I recently experienced?? And, considering I had ICP....should I switch SSRI's???
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Dee1956 NEW SURVEY, top of page, pl... Comment
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
Track your weight over time