Left side pain
I have severe pain on my left side under my rib cage ,have been a drinker for many years on and off.I have had a ct scan and a stomach x-ray but has come up with nothing all thats left is to have a scan on the liver..and my doctor isnt very good at explaining things , can anyone tell me what it is?

Did you have a CT scan of the abdom? If so it would show the liver, spleen ,pancreas and so on.Your liver is on the right and left side of your abdom and the spleen is on the left also.Ask your doctor for a CBC and LFT blood work. This could help to find out if it is the liver or the spleen. Also do you know what your CT scan had to say that would be helpfull. Make sure that if you have any symptoms,back pain ,weight loss or if you do not feel like yourself let your doctor know. If you feel something is wrong make sure that your Doctor listens to you. If you are not happy with what you are being told you can find another Doctor.