Liver Disorders Community
Liver pain

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Liver pain

I was wondering if anyone has any information on this. I have been a fairly heavy drinker. maybe four drinks a day for the last ten years. In January of this year I have an open gallbladder surgery. They not only looked at the liver but they also did a biopsy. The wording the doctor used was your liver is "pristine" by looking at it and the biposy. Well this was a stressful year and I drank everyday 5 drinks for  3 months. I am paranoid now that I have cirrhosis.
I have red palms that feel warm,  with white dots sometimes. I do have raynauds. I also have stomach pain on the left and the right side of abdomen.  I have had a cat scan, ultrasound, colonoscopy, barium swallow, gastoparesis test, 4 extensive liver function,hepatitis, ect... tests. All hve come back completely normal. The doctors say the pain is most likely from left over scar tissue. They tell me that there is no way you can have a perfect liver and get cirrhosisin three months. They also tell me that the white spots on red palms are from raynauds and stress. Is there anyone that can shed light on this. I have quit alcohol for over a month now. I want to have a great life I just need to know what my future holds. I would appreciate any comments
hi rog526,

from the sounds of it you are fine and it would seem they have done a comprehensive work up on you. They chances of developing cirrhosis in three months are pretty much non-existent. The key would be to knock the drink on the head or learn to drink in moderation, esp if this worries you.

May be think about ways of coping with stress and anxiety that are more productive than alcohol and try to manage them this way. Yoga and meditation are good methods that may help. I have no doubt you will have the happy life you say you want.