Liver Disorders Community
Shakes and Tremors

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Shakes and Tremors

I have end stage liver disease. I have been having shakes so bad I can no longer write for shaking so bad. Then I have these like tremors wher I can barley control my arms and hands. One doctor tells me it is caused by my end stage liver disease and the next one tells me he feels that is not the cause but is not sure what is causing it. I think it may also be anxiety involved also but they took my lorazepam away saying a small dose is to hard on my liver and kidneys. Could you please advise me to if this is normal in liver patints or is some thing more going on with me. I have encelopthy at times but seemd to be under control right now and I still have it. My girlfriend has o type this for me as I can no longer type for my hands shaking so bad. Please advise me.
Thank You
Tremor could be caused by many things, I would guess if your ammonia levels are high, that it *could* be a result from esld.  I would ask Dr Schiano over on the liver xplant board, or your own hepatologist and or a neurologist that works with him/her.  Are you on a protein restricted diet?  I have heard magnesium works for some people to calm trembling, but i dont know what doseage is safe for ones liver...just a thought....

Hope something there gives you some guidance and or relief...

Cheers

Jack