Liver Disorders Community
hepatic coma
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hepatic coma

Hello,

My mum has been an alcoholic for years and has been in a coma due to liver failure twice, one 6 years ago and one in may this year, where niether the nurses or consultant thought she would make it out. however her liver regained some function and she recovered.
  the thing is she has started drinking again now, i want to know how long her liver will be able to cope with this for before it fails again? im trying to get her to stop but im scared that she may have already damaged it so much, that it may already be on the boudary of failing again as her tummy looks like it may be starting to swell.

can anyone give me some advice??

thank you
Related Discussions
584567_tn?1230769937
It sounds like she had encelopathy. It causes confusion and coma from the high ammonia level. If she is having this symptom then she has probably damaged the liver to much for it to heal itself at all. Her drinking again will just make things worse and lower her mortallity rate. I am sorry to hear this about your mom. It must be hard to watch her do this. She needs help with the drinking to be in such condition and and not stop it. Maybe she has given up hope. I will have you both in my prayers.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Liver Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank