Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Liver cat scan results
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Liver cat scan results

Dr. Schiano,

This past Sunday I went to the ER with lower right abdominal pain. The ER doctor suspected appendicitis and ordered a CAT scan. I was negative for appendicitis but diagnosed with a ruptured ovarian cyst. My husband and I move a lot so I asked for the medical records and the CAT scan report mentioned something about the liver that I don't understand and I am extremely worried about it.

This is the finding

Subtle hypodensity in the liver adjacent to the falciform ligament is a common location for focal fatty infiltrate. No intrahepatic billiary dilatation. The adrenal glands are not enlarged. Symmetric nehprograms are present. The spleen, pancreas, and gallbladder appear normal. Small uncomplicated fat filled umbilical hernia. No enlarged retroperitoneal lymph nodes.

Could you please take the time and explain what this means? This was not mentioned to me at the ER. I drink socially and am not overweight. I recently started a new low carb high protein diet.

Thank you so much Doctor.

517301_tn?1229801385
i really wouldnt worry about this--we see this incidentally on many scans--i would get an MRI with eovist in 6 months just for peace of mind
Blank
This Forum's Experts
517301_tn?1229801385
Thomas D Schiano, MDBlank
The Mount Sinai Medical Center
New York, NY
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker