Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Scar Tissue Discomfort
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Scar Tissue Discomfort

I am post liver transplant, I had my transplant 25 years ago (1984).  I have been having pain right under my scar.  I have seen the doctor and my liver looks good.  They have done an ultra sound and such and everything looks good.  My primary care doctor thinks that it is my scar tissue.  My scar is very different from the scars that are being done now a days.  I am also a lot bigger than I use to be, so I am thinking that my weight gain is causing scar tissue issues.  I am wanting to know who can help me fix my scar tissue issue, what type of doctor do I go see.  I feel like that I am not getting anywhere with my liver doctors so I am needing some assistance please.  Thanks!