Liver Transplant Expert Forum
r- lipoic acid

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

r- lipoic acid

I am a five years post liver tx with elevated blood glucose levels.  Taking r-lipoic acid can be helpful in lowering those levels as well as beneficial for helping a component of malnutrition i have experienced since tx. Is there any thing contraindicated in regards to my liver and the cyclosporine meds that i need to be concerned about.Thank you so much Dr.
.

Was this helpful?

YesNo

. .

Takeing r-lipoic acid is proven to lower glucose levels and be helpfull with a conponet of malnutrition is there any thing you know that would be contraindicated when taking cyclosporine. this would be a benifit as i have hi glucose levels and some malnutrition issues. thank you very much!
..

« PreviousNext »

< Back to Forum
i do not think that this should be a problem at all from my perspective.  please let your primary transplant team know about this.