Liver Transplant Expert Forum
what to do
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

what to do

hi doc
you have answered many questions fort me thankyou but this is the big one since being diagnosed  meld 24 listed the doc i go to has put many restrictions on my life to the point my wife left me and said she couldnt do it anymore they wanted me have someone with me at all times they constantly wanted to see more than one member of my support system i told them people have to work i cant have someone with me every minuite of every day I have to admitt I did have a problem with encepholopathy being hospitalized  a few times a month but I did some thing right
because this year my meld dropped to under 14 but they still want to put all these restrictions on my life are all transplant hospitals like this im active on the list then im not active becausenow im alone with a lower meld and no wife maybe you can point me in a new direction they always told me I didnt have a common blood type  B
1 Comment
Blank
517301_tn?1229801385
transplant centers definitely differ as to their recommendations.  the MELD decreasing is a good thing.  Sometimes it remains possible to get transplanted at a low MELD score with a B blood type.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
517301_tn?1229801385
Thomas D Schiano, MDBlank
The Mount Sinai Medical Center
New York, NY
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker