Menopause Expert Forum
Why did my PremPro stop working after 7 yrs?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Why did my PremPro stop working after 7 yrs?

Dear Doctor,
I am a 64 yr. old POST-menopausal woman who has been taking PremPro at 0.625/.5 for 7 years (2000-Dec 2007)
All of a sudden it just stopped working and I had anxiety, depression, and could not sleep.  Why would this happen?
I love PremPro and it was the only HRT that made me feel wonderful !!!   Six months ago after this happened the doctor put me on 30mgs. of Paxil and 2 mgs. of Xanax ( which is rather high amount).......I then went to a holistic doctor who wants me off the Paxil and the Xanax and has now put me on bioidentical hormone creme (biest 1.25, progesterone, 2mg. and testosterone at 2 mg.  I do not feel as bright and alert on the compounded or bioidentical hormones as I did on the PremPro.......do you think I should try going back on the PremPro or perhaps FEMHRT as I seem to get better and faster results on synthetic hormones.  I had heard that once the receptors in the brain get used to synthetic hormones like PremPro, it is harder to get them to recognize any other kind of natural hormone....