Menopause Expert Forum
menopause & chances of getting pregnant
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

menopause & chances of getting pregnant

I would like to know if I'm thru with menopause and have only one tube,which back in 1985 after the birth of my son I had it burnt closed,could i still get pregnant. What are my chances which I hope there is some chance. Please let me know. Thank-You
Related Discussions
242601_tn?1217000247
To get pregnant a woman needs to have sperm in her vagina at the middle of her cycle. She needs to still be making eggs (not yet in menopause) and have at least one open tube so the sperm and egg can get together. If your only tube is burned closed, you are probably not able to get pregnant unless your doctor opens the tube or goes around the tube with in vitro fertilization in which your egg would be removed, put with your partner's sperm, and the resulting fertilized egg put into your uterus. If you are in menopause, you cannot get pregnant because you are no longer making eggs.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank