Miscarriages Community
One living fetus,one demised twin, leaking amniotic fluid

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I am currently 25 weeks along.  At 13 weeks I began bleeding.  I thought I was miscarrying, and the u/s showed a living baby and a possible demised twin enclosed in a membrane.  Several weeks later the bleeding, which bacame more like brown sludge towards the end, finally ceased.  Two weeks after the bleeding stopped (18 weeks preg), I began leaking amniotic fluid.  The two ultrasounds that I have had since show a perfectly developing fetus with plenty of amniotic fluid.  I have been leaking fluid now for 7 weeks and still no change in the amount of fluid in this baby's sac.  The doctor thinks that the fluid has to do with the demised twin, even though it is no longer detectable.  He thinks that the two babies must have shared part of the same placenta and that there is fluid being created into my uterus.  Has anyone ever heard of this or anything similar?  I cannot find any info about such a thing.
I started leaking amniotic fluid at 21 weeks and my baby didn't make it because I got an infection and had a placental abruption.  It sounds like your amniotic fluid is great so it could be from the other twin.  The other plus is that you are 25 weeks and it sounds like the other twin is in great condition.  I wish I had more info for you and it is so hard not to get answers we are looking for.  I am sorry about your other twin.  I wish and pray the best for you and your baby.  If your placenta is a ok it sounds like you are on the right path.  Best of luck