Miscarriages Community
Second Loss, many symptoms, no answers...
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Second Loss, many symptoms, no answers...

Please help.  I'm doing some independent research while waiting on the results from my daughter's autopsy.  This was my second pregnancy, second loss.  I delivered at 22 weeks, 5 days after being induced due to the onset of severe preeclampsia.  This was a complicated pregnancy from the beginning.  I experienced 1st trimester bleeding starting at about 5 weeks and occuring about every 2 weeks.  I was diagnosed with having a subchorionic hematoma and every time I bled, I was ultrasounded and the baby appeared fine, heart beating, moving, and growing.  Every time, the hematoma seemed to resolve itself.  The red bleeding stopped around the beginning of my second trimester (though I continued to have brown spotting) and things seemed to be improving until I got a call from my dr. that my 3 out of 4 quad screen levels came back abnormally high, the AFP and HCG, and particularly the inhibin level at 30x higher than the median.  I had a level 2 u/s, baby only had 1 soft marker- a bright bowel, but she was small, about 1-2 weeks delayed, and my placenta was abnormally large, about 2x the size of my baby.  Amnio performed, dark brown-colored fluid.  Went home, seemed to be leaking brown fluid, so was hospitalized for PPROM.  Dr's very pessimistic.  Seemed to think baby had triploidy, even though she appreared perfectly normal on u/s, just a little small.  Initial and final amnio results came back normal.  Amnio levels remained low.  2 weeks later, started bleeding red again and thought I was experiencing contractions.  Ultrasound noted baby alive, still small, amnio levels still low.  They took my blood pressure and hooked me up to monitor contractions, which were coming painlessly every 2 minutes.  Diagnosed me with having severe preeclampsia, and appeared to have placental abruption.  Decided to induce me then with no hope of continuing the pregnancy or saving the baby.  Delivered a beautiful tiny girl stillborn, placenta delivered with no problems.  
I've gone for one follow up dr appt. So far, all they could really tell me was the placenta had a lot of blood clots in it.  Desperately looking for answers, mostly to know if I should even attempt to get pregnant again.  This was my 2nd loss, no living children.  First loss was miscarriage at 12 weeks, a missed miscarriage as the baby appeared to have died at about 9 weeks.  Before that, the pregnancy seemed to be progressing well.  Both pregnancies were spontaneous.  Prepregnancy issues- PCOS, irregular periods, and slightly low thyroid levels for which I was taking meds for with my 2nd pregnancy.  Sorry this is so long, but I just keep hoping that with the laundry list of problems I experienced, there has to be some definitive cause that ties them all together.  We buried my little girl a few days ago.  I want to try again, but don't think I can handle another loss.  Is there anyone who can tell me what all these issues may be caused by?