The Best Hospitals in America
This past week I saw the newest annual rating of the best hospitals in the US, done by US News and World Report.  

I started looking at this site  and spent a couple hours reading about the hospitals in my area.  There are rankings information on virtually every hospital in the US - there are over 5,000 hospitals listed.  

They also explain how the rankings are done and how hospitals were named to the honor roll.  

If you are wondering how your hospital rates, you can search for it from this page-----

http://health.usnews.com/health/best-hospitals

I hope this is helpful,
Lulu
That was interesting, my hospital  ranked #3 of the top 50 for Neurology & Neurosurgery..
UCSF..think i will stay there..lol

meg
Mine is ranked on the honor roll as well - OSU is #21.  But that's for other specialties and not the neurology dept.  Interesting stuff to read  - especially if you have options and need to pick a place to go for diagnosis and treatment.  

I'm glad you're happy where you are at.... I thought there would be some reaction from others upon seeing Mayo ranked at the top for neurology.  LOL

Lu
Yes, I noted that, Lu, and that Cleveland Clinic wasn't far behind.
Wow..........

Neuro hospital , I don't even see it  (Thomas Jefferson university, )

But my cancer hospital

made #8. ( Hospital of the university of pennsylvania.)  

I will also stick with them both.   Thanks LU                         Linda
Linda,
you can find more about T Jeff at

http://health.usnews.com/health/best-hospitals/thomas-jefferson-univ-hospital-6230043/details

Everyone else, there is a state index that can help you find your particular hospital

http://health.usnews.com/health/best-hospitals/index

Hey Lady, guess everyone tried to check out this health report, they put up a message that the "site is broken" ;-).. It is Nice to know that we are listening to you isn't it.
I'll check it out again in a few days and let you know what I find out about CA. I doubt that any of LA CO. Hospitals made the list...
Thanks to our CRAZY Governor...
OH You don't want me to get started on this subject...
I'll crash Mom's laptop  ;-)
Love & {{{{~!~}}}} DJ
I beg your pardon, Sweet Lady, but mine made it..#3 in Neuro and #7 in all the top 10.

No thanks to our lovely Governor however..

hugs, meg
Thank you for the post. It was very interesting at least a few good ones are near enough to drive to here in CA, but not the best of the best, dwat!
You must live up north by the bay area. me I am down here in LA CO. we have had so many departments being closed or the staff cut to almost nothing. It's been going on for several years. Arcadia and Pasadena use to have top rated Trauma Centers, but now they are closed.
Boy, do I sound as grouchy as I feel. It must be the heat, spasms, etc... something...
I apologize for being so yucky... I'll do better tomorrow
I need a good steak!!! Three weeks of oatmeal and spinach must be getting to me brain... ;-)
Night-night all
Love & Hugs {{{{~!~}}}}