Please describe your experience with muscle biopsy - I have to have one.
Hi, all,

Have any of you had a muscle biopsy?  If so, would you please describe it.  Did it really hurt?  Do they numb the area first?  Is there a long recovery period?  I have muscle wasting and extreme weakness and fatigue so they're trying to decide what my diagnosis is - maybe inclusion body myositis??  Anyone here got that?

Please let me hear about your muscle biopsy.  Thanks.

Weakandfalling
How are you? Muscle biopsy or removal of a small piece of muscle tissue for examination  will utilize local anesthesia  to numb the biopsy area. There are two types of muscle biopsy: a  needle biopsy involves inserting a needle into the muscle and an open biopsy involves making a small cut in the skin and into the muscle. The muscle tissue is then removed. During the biopsy, there is usually minimal or no discomfort. After the anesthetic wears off, the area may be sore for about a week. The risks include bleeding, bruising, damage to the muscle tissue or other tissues in the area and infection.Take care and do keep us posted.
I went with my mother when she went for her muscle biopsy she was numbed up first the doctor made a small incision and took a tiny piece of muscle it was steri striped and she was fine, she told me after the numbness wore of it just felt like a normal wound from a cut, she also had a bit of bruising but apart from that is fine hope this help,s