Neurology Expert Forum
Antibiotics and blurry vision
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Antibiotics and blurry vision

I have been taking PCE or Erythromyacin for a long time for acne and as a GI motility agent. Recently I have been getting blurry vision during the evening. When I look in the mirror at my eyes the pupils go from being dialated to constricted back and forth - not to any rhthm, sometimes remaining fully dialated for several seconds despite a bright light in my eyes. In the morning under the same lighting conditions the pupil is always constricted - it never dialates.
  Just got switched to Cipro due to possible UTI and/or prostate infection, and a culture of a skins lesion showing Serratia marcescens ( weird place for it to show up huh? ). Although I lose the GI motility effect of PCE, the doctor said I could start taking PCE again with the Cipro if the abdominal distention and nausea return. I am taking 10 days worth of Cipro anyhow and I am off the PCE until I finish.
  So could either of these antibiotics cause the weird pupil/blurry vision problem?
  I am a 27 year old male. I also seem to have a virus/infection in the upper respitory tract on the right side ( right ear, right nose, right side of throat, right lymph node swollen ) - mabye that could cause vision problem?
  I heard Cipro causes nerve damage...
  Oh yeah happy thanksgiving to everyone!