Neurology Expert Forum
Complicated Migraines / Peripheral Neuropathy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Complicated Migraines / Peripheral Neuropathy

First some background.  I'm a 46YO Female with a diagnosis of complicated migraine.  These manifested in 2000 with coronary artery spasms and a cardiac event and also stroke like appearance.  I've had just about every diagnostic test including cardiac cath and brain angiogram.  Heart arteries are clear only found smaller than normal arteries at the base of the brain.  I've been managing these events with preventatives - aspirin 325mg 1xday, verapamil 240mg 2x day and nortriptyline 75mg 1x day.

At a recent appointment with my internist, he believes that I've developed peripheral neuropathy.  I've been experiencing pain/tingling feelings in my hands and feet, with this occuring at night when I stir in my sleep.  I don't really notice it too much during the day.  Is this also part of the migraine story?  I'll be seeing my Neurologist this month and will also present this to him.  Could the neuropathy be caused by the meds?  I've also been experiencing higher liver enzymes and I'll be having additional blood work (liver and hep screening).  Could my meds be doing this?  Thanks for your opinions!