Neurology Expert Forum
Facial tingling, migraine, MS, anxiety, or TMJ?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Facial tingling, migraine, MS, anxiety, or TMJ?

Doc, you answered a question for me a few days ago, and I was wondering about the facial tingling.  You mentioned "increased central sensitization".  Do you think this is the cause of the facial tingling, or the headache causing this.  This is everyday that I have these feelings.  At first it was only once in a while, now the bug crawling sensation that I had on my face has turned to a stingling for a few secs.  This only started after I started PT.  Would the Elavil help with the stingling?  Would the jaw tightening be caused by the sore neck and shoulder muscles?  There is an area on the side of my neck that is tender and when you push on it, will cause the facial tingling.  Can an injury to the neck cause this being that the trigeminal nerve is a cranial nerve?  I do have migraines with aura on occasions,but my eyes always seem sensitive before the migraine starts.  I'm sorry about babbling, but this has me concerned.  Could a facial wart caused this on my face?  I had a wart the size of a pea on my face removed 3 times about a year before the tingling started.  I know I'm grasping at straws here, its just the weirdest thing.  I wish it would go away, because of it happening everyday, I think about this constantly.  Lastly, could a MS lesion cause this feeling if it were in the cervical region (neck)?  Again, neuro exam normal, brain MRI normal, no weakness, no vision problems (except with migraine), no numbness.  Please see previous post on Aug 27th.
Would a TMJ problem cause the facial tingling?  Thank you so much for the help, I appreciate your time and thoughts! Jen