Neurology Expert Forum
Migraines, White Matter Changes, Dilated Right Ventricle
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Migraines, White Matter Changes, Dilated Right Ventricle

I am a 34 year old female with a history of migraines.Over the past five years they have become severe and I get really bad ones 2-3 times a month.  I have had three MRI's done since 2001.  The first one noted a single white matter hyperintensity around the subcortical white matter, the neurologists said that it was a UBO and not to worry about it.  The headaches got worse again in 2003 and a second MRI was ordered.  This one showed multiple small hyperintensity T2 and FLAIR foci.  Again, told nothing to worry about.  Now, in 2005, yet another MRI that showed scattered small foci of high T2 signal abnoramilty in frontal lobes and convexities.  The neurologist ordered bloodwork and an echo with doppler study.The echo showed a dilated right ventricle and a dilated ascending aorta.I am trying to understand what all of this means. I don't smoke, drink, have high blood pressure, take birth control pills or any of the other risk factors that would make sense.  What is the take on this? I'm confused as to if these are related syptoms (symptoms). Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.