Neurology Expert Forum
Nervous Twitches......
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nervous Twitches......

Dir Sir Madam....

I am a 19 year old student from London. For almost as long as i can remember, I have had periods in my life when i have been affected by some form of twitch. Most commonly  I tend to rapidly shake my head from side to side a couple of times. The first time that I can rember doing this was during a time when I had long hair which got into my eyes, and in trying to get it out of my eyes i would shake my head to get rid of it.

I have lived with this all my life, and although it does come and go, often lasting for a period of many months, I still have no real explanation as to why it happens. I would be extremely gratefull if you could offer some advice as to why twitches occur, I often feel that my twitches coincide with periods when I get excited (for example i tend to twitch alot when i play football) could the twitches be linked to the amount of adrenaline running through my bloodstream?

Though I have learned tyo deal withy this to an extent, people do notice it and it does make me feel uncomfortable....is there any advice that you could offer me to help me stop twitching?

Thank you for your time...

Anon