Neurology Expert Forum
Neuroendocrinologist?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Neuroendocrinologist?

Posted By  CCF Neurosurgery MD on January 25, 1998 at 00:36:10:

In Reply to: Neuroendocrinologist? posted by Lauren on January 25, 1998 at 00:02:17:

: My doctor thinks I may have some sort of dysautonomia.  But my symptoms and level of debilitation vary significantly according to where I am in my menstrual cycle.  I test positive for antibodies to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and have had post-menopausal levels of estrone and estriol since age 32.  
  I was wondering--what is a neuroendocrinologist, and would such a physician help me understand and treat the link between my dysautonomia and hormonal problems?  After 3 years of no relief, I'm looking for just about anything that may help.  Thanks.

Dear Lauren:
A neuroendocrinologist is a physician trained in dealing with problems that are common to both neurologic and endocrinologic problems. They treat disorders of either organ system that mutually affect the other.
I do believe that this type of physician may very well help you understand and treat the link between the two problems.
If you are in the Cleveland area you may wish to reach Drs. Lederman or Sweeney of the section of adult neurology. You  may reach them at (216)444-2200.
Good Luck !