Neurology Expert Forum
Pin prick feeling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pin prick feeling

In early June 2003 I first experienced a numbness and tingling in my face.  It was diagnosed as Belle's palsy though my face never drooped, just the numbness and tingling.

During June I started to experinence twitching of my muscles and I thought it was due to tension and stress.  Near the end of June that disappeared and I began to have aching legs and feet and a tingling in my feet.  Then in early July, I began to experience a sensation of bugs crawling or a hair tickling me. This occurs every few minutes throughout the day all over my face, limbs, body, butt, etc.  Now though I still have the tickling sensation it now has also changed and added a constant feeling of pin pricks all over my body.  These pin pricks hurt and they also are all over my body.  During last week for about 3 days I also had a low fever and sweated through my clothes during the night. This week I had an MRI which came back normal.  The neurologist examined me with no conclusion and decided to wait and see what happened. In the meantime, I can hardly stand the pain and the terrible anxiety these constant pin pricks give me. I have also tested negative for Lyme's and thyroid.
What can this be? I am very concerned.