Neurology Expert Forum
Static Encephalopathy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Static Encephalopathy

I need your help and trying to understand this disease.  My stepson was diagnosed with this when he was a child.  He is now 9 years old.  I am trying to see if some of the problems he has is caused by this disease.  He has a learning disablity, speech problems, problems w/motor skills,  no strength in his hands, and he has a problem controlling his bowl movements.  He also has troble remembering things from day to day.  He walks like an old man.  Another thing I am trying to figure out is if the Mother having Herpes could have caused this disease. I would appreciate any help you can give me.  I thank you in advance.
Related Discussions
Dear Jane 6:

Sorry to hear about your stepson.  I need much more information.  First-how does he do with changes in routine?  What type of language problems does he have-more expressive than receptive?  How does he do with his peers-is he a loner?  Does he have any obsessive compulsive tendencies?  What did his MRI show?  Did his biological mother have activity herpes during the delivery?  Has your stepson had any seizures?  Has he had any head trauma?  Is there a family history of learning disability?  What sort of neurological examination does he have?  What age did he start walking?  What age did he begin to string 2 words together in a sentence?  So, as you can tell, there are many things we need to know before we can begin to tell you what is going on with your stepson.  I would suggest that you see a pediatric neurologist and begin to sort out these problems.

Sincerely,

CCF Neuro MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity