Neurology Expert Forum
recurring lump in groin along with burning pains in legs

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Posted By jennifer on November 23, 1998 at 23:28:40:

In July I found a lump in my groin area. The size of the lump decreased over the course of a week or so, and as it went down, I had a lot of numbness and burning in my right leg. Then in September the lump returned. This time I did not experience as much pain and it went away in about a week. Since then, the lump has not returned, but I have had pain in the same area as the lump was in along with burning sensations in not just my right leg, but  in my left leg and other seemingly random places on my body. I consulted a doctor and since the lump was not present, she could not make a clear diagnosis. She mentioned the possibility of a hernia, but she was not sure. She also did not understand how the lump and the burning sensations could be related.What's my next step?  I appreciate your time answering my concerns.