Neurology Expert Forum
tingling in face and right arm.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

tingling in face and right arm.

Just today I've started getting a tingling in my right arm and the right side of my face. What is it?   What does it mean?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

There are multiple reasons one may tingling. Since your symptoms are in the hands and face, causes such as multiple sclerosis and even stroke should be in the differential. Do you have any other symptoms such as weakness, specch/vision changes, etc? If your tingling is moving around from one place to the other, then you may need to be evaluated for seizure, migraine, and even hypocalcemia. Also, often these symptoms may reflect emotional/psychiatric problems related to stress (what is called somatization disorder). The latter is a true medical condition whereby instead of a patient experiencing depression or anxiety, they experience physical symptoms, and once the stress is addressed, the symptoms resolve.

These are just some causes of burning/tingling. Continued follow-up with your doctors is recommended. Evaluation by a neurologist, if you have not already done so, is recommended. You may benefit from an MRI of the brain depending on additional history and examination.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.