Nutrition Community
Hunger Pains make me feel nauseous
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hunger Pains make me feel nauseous

Since May, every time I feel hungry the hunger pains make me nauseous, so even though I want to eat I just can't. On top of it, I have been experiencing strong stomach pains in the middle of the night and I keep dreaming about food. So every time I look or even think about that particular food I dreamt about, my stomach immediately becomes unsettled. Basically, this results in almost 24 hour nausea without actually vomiting. So far I can't stomach, tomatoes, garlic hummus, avocados, black beans, strawberries, bananas (etc.) which are some of my favorite foods. I am a pesca-vegetarian (so I eat fish, eggs and drink milk but not other forms of meat). I watch my protein intake and make sure I eat enough vegetables. I am not bulimic or anorexic.
I understand part of this is a phycological issue, but I'm not sure if my mental state has caused this whole cycle or if my stomach pain has caused it.
Any advice on how to overcome this is appreciated.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
363281_tn?1353103243
It is probably a mix of both mental and the pain causing this cycle. I am sorry you are going through this, I know you must be miserable. I would try to eat very small amounts of food that make you less nauseous, if you can handle these, then continue to add more food. If this does not work, I think I would see a gastro doctor. You can't go on feeling like this, as you know, it is not healthy. I am adding a link to our Gastroenterology forum, maybe they will have some ideas too. Hope this helps. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Gastroenterology/show/68
Blank
Hi, I have been experiencing the same thing...one minute I feel ok, then the next I feel extremley nausious, then the next I feel hungry, then when I go to eat something I feel nausious again :(
I am also suffering from anxiety and emetophobia (a fear of vomiting) which doesn't help me...I have lost 8st in10 months which is ALOT, due to the fact that I cannot eat cause Iam afraid it will make me sick...So yes I am constantly starving.
I get days that I feel ok and CAN eat somethings like a bit of toast or a packet of crisps...but MOST days I feel really nausious and cannot eat nor sometimes drink.
So I know how you are feeling...keep your chin up, and I hope you get better soon x
Blank
Hi, I have been experiencing the same thing...one minute I feel ok, then the next I feel extremley nausious, then the next I feel hungry, then when I go to eat something I feel nausious again :(
I am also suffering from anxiety and emetophobia (a fear of vomiting) which doesn't help me...I have lost 8st in10 months which is ALOT, due to the fact that I cannot eat cause Iam afraid it will make me sick...So yes I am constantly starving.
I get days that I feel ok and CAN eat somethings like a bit of toast or a packet of crisps...but MOST days I feel really nausious and cannot eat nor sometimes drink.
So I know how you are feeling...keep your chin up, and I hope you get better soon x
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...