Nutrition Community
Stomach problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Stomach problem

Every time I eat I feel nausea, my stomach bloats and sometimes hurts. I had gastritis10 years ago. This year I had visited 2 doctors: the first time I was vomiting black blood. He prescribed my antibiotic and the vomiting stopped. However, the pain and the nausea were still there. So I went to another doctor. She run a test for a common bacteria (not sure about the name) which was negative and then another one to check the for gastritis/ulcer, also negative. And nothing had changed since then. She said it might be stress, but I can say I am not stressed at all. Does anyone know what might be wrong with me? Can all this be only in my head? Is it possible that I am eating too much (I am 48kg and 170cm)? If someone can help I would be really grateful! Thanks in advance.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It may not be possible to detect the exact cause without a complete medical evaluation. It is possible that you are suffering from gastritis, reflux disease, food poisoning or stomach flu. Excessive and prolonged consumption of alcohol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, trauma to the intestine or chronic infections with bacteria like Helicobacter pylori can also cause inflammation. Stress and autoimmune disorders can also result in gastritis. Try taking some over the counter antacids for relief in symptoms. If the symptoms are severe consult a gastroenterologist. Meanwhile take light meals, take more liquids and see if it makes a diiference.Hope it helps.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,