Nutrition Community
Strange Pains and unexplainable 'Bubbling' under skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

OK, So first i'd like to tackle the burning sensation i have on the right side on my neck, at the back a little, close to the shoulder. It's not really painful but extremely uncomfortable. i've not managed to figure out any connections between what's happening on each instance that it come's about, so there's no link to be found between my moods.
It's just a burning. it goes down after a while and isn't every day, or every week, but it's happened enough for me to notice. I was wondering if that could be an effect of my diet?
Another thing i'm curious about is this feeling i'm being prodded. This is a regular occurrence. It's been happening for a few years now, and i'm not sure if it's normal or not. I'll feel light pressure being made onto any of my limbs, though usually my right thigh. Sometimes, when i look down, i actually see my flesh moving, as though there is a bubbling underneath my skin. I have no idea what it is and it's quite un-nerving. Now this is painless, but i'm curious about it.
I also have what i think is an acid re-flux, and i was told it was because i drank a lot of coke (A friends diagnosis) but i cut it out for lent once and it was still happening, a very painful burning sensation starting from my chest up to my throat.

And lastly, I was curious about a weight loss issue that's come up.
When you are on a 1,200 calorie plan and you work out, do you eat those extra calories (I usually burn 804 calories a day). So, should i be making it up to my body so that overall i'm eating 1,200, or do i let the initial result be 1,200 and the technical result be 300-400 cals overall?

Just to note, I've got ADHD and Dsypraxia. I'm 20 years old and have a BMI of 23.9.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I wasn't sure where to post this, so nutrition seemed appropriate since changing my eating may change these problems)
Hi!
The burning feeling in neck and prodding feeling in different parts of the body (wherein you can see skin vibrations) can be due to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance, muscle fatigue, pinched nerve due to wrong posture. Try and use the correct posture while sitting and walking and consult a physical therapist regarding some stretch exercises which you can perform to help relieve tension in the neck.
If this does not help, then I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Hence if you take alcohol or coffee then cut this down. Sleep at regular hours and see if it helps. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes, Lyme's, lupus or hypothyroidism can also be the cause.
Also, the feelings in the chest could be due to acidity and acid reflux. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food.
You can pick up weight if you drink coke etc as these have too many calories. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.