Nutrition Community
hard to eat more, please help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hard to eat more, please help

I was in denial for a long time, but I have an eating disorder. I'm 15 years old 5'4 and currently 83 pounds. I never meant to restrict my calories to such a point that I got down to 79 pounds; but I guess it just happened. I was happy with my weight at 80 and I honestly wasn't trying to loose anymore. But people got worried and I now see a dietitionist and a therapist each once a week. Now it seems like I've lost everything I care about; I had to stop ballet ( something I dedicate myself to 6 days a week for hours on end) because they say I'm not healthy enough and need to gain weight. My dietitionsit gives me a calorie plan, but it's really hard to follow. She wants me to eat 1800 calories a day, but I fell so guilty and full. I hate eating so much, but they say  the only way to get back to dance is by gaining weight with a goal of 90 pounds. I NEED to dance, but I can't will myself to gain weight. It's awful I know.

Please does anyone have any way to help? Advice needed! It's like struggling against myself...