Nutrition Community
vegetarian

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

vegetarian

I have been a vegetarian for about 16 months and the problems I am having is im not sure im getting enough protein. I am allergic to: SEAFOOD, CHICKEN, EGGS, TREE NUTS. I have to be very creful what I eat. I also may have Celiac Disease, I have an appointment t test for that. Need advice on meals with a VERY LOW income.
why don't you try tofu? It is a protein-rich food coagulated from an extract of soybeans and used in salads and various cooked foods.Plus, it is very nutritious containing beneficial amounts of iron (especially important for women of child-bearing age) and has no saturated fat or cholesterol. Depending on the coagulant used in manufacturing, the tofu may also be high in calcium (important for bone development and maintenance), and magnesium (especially important for athletes). Tofu also contains soy isoflavones, which can mimic natural human estrogens and may have a variety of harmful or beneficial effects when eaten in sufficient quantities.