Nutrition Community
was he starved?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

was he starved?

i was wondering my little nephew was born a month ago and i rushed him to the hospital and they had to take so much tests it was heart breaking to hear him cry,but they had to do it, they did a spinal tap and blood work, they found a lot of red blood cells in him, is that dangerous? anyway he lost 2 lbs and yet he weighed 7 1/2 at birth, he looked starving to me, thats wut i was thinking. but he was put on entervenus and he gained back 2 pounds in a week and they discharged him, but he had to go back a week later because he lost it all again plus more, and now they dont know wut is wrong with him? they say they found high lactic acid in his blood and has all the symptoms, is lactic acidosis caused by malnutriton? wuts going to happen if it is lactic acidosis? will he make it. cause there asking for him to get baptized, its scary? i just need to know wut this is and what else would happen if they say its all because malnutrition?    sorry its so long---------thanks