Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Tooth implant, infection, sweating
About This Forum:

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tooth implant, infection, sweating

Hi Doc,

six months ago I got a titanium implant for a tooth that was extracted a while back.
About six weeks ago apparently I developed an infection (periimplantitis) on my new implant.
I had an abscess, got antibiotics for a few weeks, until the dentist cleaned out the bone four weeks ago.
The implant is still there.

Here is my question: since I have first developed the abscess I keep sweating at night. I'm waking up basically every night sweating. It's not really bad, I never had to change PJs or sheets, but it's really disturbing.

Do you have any idea if this abscess and an infection around the implant could be the cause of this?
Have you seen this before?

Thanks