Parenting Expert Forum
child is to quiet
About This Forum:

Questions in the Parenting Forum are being answered by doctors from MindWorks. Topics include: Behavioral Issues - Discipline, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Recreation, School Issues, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

child is to quiet

my 8 yr old son has reacently gone very quite and emotional the wont talk to no one and crys alot and it is getting upsetting for all the family. i am now at my wits end and dont know what i should do  
Tags: emotional
Related Discussions
521840_tn?1348844371
Hello,
   a sudden change in mood and behavior is certainly something to be concerned about in an 8 year old. If you child is having a hard time telling you what is going on, than I recommend you play it safe and take him to a professional as soon as you can.  This could be so many things-- from bullying, to a mood disorder, to abuse that it is best to take it seriously. You do not want to take a chance that it could be something serious. I would call your pediatrician and ask for a check in (just to rule-out anything medical like a blood sugar or thyroid problem) and ask for a referral to a child psychologist.  Hopefully this will turn out to be something easily addressed.

Best Wishes
Rebecca Resnik
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank