Pediatric Cardiology Community
Aortic Valve leaflets fused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Aortic Valve leaflets fused

My son was born a few weeks ago and with further investigation of a heart murmur we were told he had a problem with his aortic Valve. The cardiologist echoed him and they said that two of the leaflets in his aortic valve are fused but that he has three leaftets. There are no other problems with the heart. The stenosis at the moment is moderate but if it was to deteriorate they would go in using balloon valvuplasty and open the fused leaftlets. The cardiogist said that they would be hopeful that the would be all he would need till he is in his 50's when he may need to than have his valve replaced.

I am just looking for some reassurance on this news cause having read some of the forums I wouldnt be as hopeful as I have read that once you have stenosis it is likely it will get worse. He will be attending for regular echoes. Also does my son have a bicuspid valve or is it tricuspid ?.

Thanks in advance