Pediatric Cardiology Community
Left Atrium Filling Late
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left Atrium Filling Late

Hi my son is 4.  He has Left Ventricular Cardiomyopathy, and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.  At his last echo doc said his left atrium is filling with blood late.  Does anyone know what this means?  I have tried to research on the web, but all I get are a bunch of medical terms that I don't understand.  The doc is going to mail or fax me the notes as soon as they are done.  But I can't wait that long.  Anyone know anything?   As far as I understand it, it is a sign of prgression towards heart failure.  
Related Discussions
883151_tn?1245518109
Hi there, I really don't know much about this condition but this sounds a bit serious. Just wanted to give a bit of advice for support. You can contact a lady named Valerie Rexin. She is the founder of Congenital Heart Defect Families Association. You can do so by going to CHDfamilies.com. She will be able to offer you help and support and may even have information about this defect. She has spoken with a lot of families whose children have heart defects and she herself has had a son die to one. I know she will be able to help. She works in the Kansas City, MO area but I'm sure she would do what she can. Good luck to you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Cardiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...