Pediatric Cardiology Community
PRAY FOR MALCOLM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

PRAY FOR MALCOLM

I WAS HOPING EVERYONE WHO READS THIS WOULD PRAY FOR MY SON HE'S HAVING HIS CARDIAC CATH TOMMOROW AND IT CAN BE COMPLICATED WITH HIS NARROWING. PLEASE PRAY FOR MALCOLM!
My prayers are certainly with you. Please keep us posted on how it goes. Hugs!
Thank u so much for everything ! Malcolm will have his surgery soon and I'm besides myself with worry but your support has helped alot!
Malcolms surgery is scheduled for tues june 7th pray for us and have anyone u know pray for us!
I will keep you in my prayers. What is your greatest concern?
I KNOW THAT THERE IS ALWAYS ACHANCE OF SOMEONE DYING BUT IT JUST MAKES IT ALITTLE MORE REAL CAUSE MALCOLMS COUSIN PASSED AWAY DURING THIS SAME SURGERY AND SAME SURGEON PERFORMED HER OPPERATOIN SO IT MAKES ME VERY SCARED. EVEN IF HE MAKES IT THROUGH I WORRIE ABOUT INFECTION AND WE ARE HOMELESS SO WERE GOING TO BE BOUNCING AROUND SO MALCOLM CAN HAVE ABED TO SLEEP IN. MY FATHER PASSED AWAY LAST MONTH AND IT HAS MADE ME ALL THE MORE AWARE OF LIFE AND DEATH LATLY SO ALL I CAN DO IS HAVE FAITH AND PRAY!
I'm sorry for all that you are having to deal with right now as well as for the loss of your father. Is Malcolm having surgery or a cath? I thought I read somewhere he was going to be having a cath done. If your neice passed away during the same surgery with the same surgeon, why have you not considered a different hospital and surgeon? I don't think I'd do a surgery on my child under the circumstance you are writing about on here; this is after all, your son. Are you able to stay with family while you are homeless? Or are you at a shelter? Infection should not be to much of a worry. He will probably be given IV antibiotics while in the hospital and be on an oral antibiotic once he is home. Most children his age have a very strong immune system, you usually only have to worry if a child is immune suppressed as in they have had a transplant or have HIV/AIDS. Those children can run into trouble and the families are taught how to avoid infections. I wish you well.  
We r staying with family and kinda bouncing around. I don't necessarily think the surgegon was at fault for the death but just makes me nervous we dont hazve alot of money to travel and he is the only pediatric cardiologist sergeon in desmoines so i have made the decision to go ahead with him i just hope im making the right one and im so worried . malcolm had his cath last friday this tues is the big surgery.
You must be in a very frustrating situation. Do you know the exact reason for your neice's death? I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Keep us posted on how your son is doing.
no i don't i will keep everyone updated and every prayer is appreciated!
Malcolm is doing amazing his surgery went very fast and smooth he is already in icu and has woke up for amin thankyou for all ur prayers!
I'm happy for the both of you! :) Now maybe you both can start to get on to a normal life again! :)
thankyou for allur prayers and help we r so blessed and i couldnt be happier with his recovery!
take care! :)