Pediatric Cardiology Community
Stressed to the MAX and need answers :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Stressed to the MAX and need answers :(

Hello Everyone. My daughter is 6 years old. All I know at this point is that she has a confirmed sinus arrhythmia and her lips periodically turn blue sometimes when she is active, sometimes while resting. She has had "seizures" at 2 and again when at 4 years, both time blue lips and she went limp like a rag doll, eyes open and no response verbally. I need help. PLEASE. We have been on a waiting list for months and no call from the Childrens Hospital. She really needs help. We need to know what is wrong. We dont have any pediatric cardiologists in Kelowna, and the local cardiologists will not even book an appointment with her because she is too young, we are not close enough to the top of the list at BC Childrens yet to even get a call. Last month she was in the local hospital for 6 days. Has anyone experienced similar? Any doctors out there who may be able to give me some idea what she should not do or avoid and what to watch for? please help her.
Tags: blue lips
Welcome to our forum. I certainly feel how scared you must be. My own daughter was diagnosed at the same age with heart disease and I remember how scared we were. One thing that may help to ease your mind somewhat is to know that a sinus arrhythmia is actually a normal type of arrhythmia, most commonly found in children and sometimes found in adults as well. The cause is breathing. When a person breathes in, the heart rate increases and when he breathes out the heart rate slows down. That increase and decrease is known as a Sinus Arrhythmia. This is probably one reason why no one is in a huge hurry to return calls to you or to deal with your daughter from a cardiac standpoint. On a side note, have you been seen by a pediatric neurologist about the seizures yet? Was she sick at the time of the seizures? Sometimes young children can have seizures due to high temperatures. I can tell you from a cardiac standpoint, had there been a issue there, the doctor would have made sure to go over any restrictions with you. They only restrict children who have life threatening cardiac issues going on and really only a small percentage of children with heart disease are ever under restrictions. I think you really need to see a neurologist with your daughter at this point. Take care.
hi there,it must be awful what you are goin through,but does your daughter have any other symptoms,blue lips can be syanosis is her toes and fingers go blue also,is there any other complications your daughter has. im sure your doctor has gone over all this...but you seem so concerned. im sure they know what they are doin but maybe speaking to a specialist to explain the condition your daugter has more thoroughly will help.i wish you the best of luck.if i can help in any way even by just talking please dont hesitate take care