Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Raif's (15 month) heart condition

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Raif's (15 month) heart condition
Dear Sir,

I am writing in regards to a cardiological problem of our fifteen months old son. He was diagonosed with Critical PS along with small ASD 2°, Small PDA and moderate TR at the age of four and half months. On the 2nd March 2010 he had a valvuplasty operation in Bangladesh. By the grace of Almighty that was successful and since then he is growing outwardly as a normal child. However, he still has post critical PS with BVP, mild residual pulmonary valve stenosis, post stenotic dilation of MPA, mild TR and moderate PR.

His doctor told us that Raif might need another valvuplasty if his residual strenosis worsen. At present Raif is under periodical (at 3-4 months) medical checkup.

I would like you to have a look at the eco reports. Please provide me an email address for that.

We request you to kindly comment on his current heart and related helth conditions.

Kind regards

S.M. Mahbubul Ameen
Jahangirnagar University, Savar
Dhaka-1342, Bangladesh.
actually this forum is not for second opinions.  If you desire your cardiologist to send your child's data for an opinion, it could be sent to The International Health Division at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104.