Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Pediatric Heart Forum

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

21 - 40 (of 1093) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My 4 yo granddaughter has already had three surgeries on her heart and the last one the doctors said if her mapcas didnt start growing she will die. She is now showing signs such as blueness and fatigie and sleeping too much. Is there a...
  Posted
My son was born prematurely (31 weeks) and is now 2Y11M. He has had a VSD since birth, with approximate size 4-5mm. Regular echocardiography was done every six months. He was on diuretics for the first 15 months, and then was discontinue...
  Posted
Hello. My 10 year old son was screened at a free heart screening for student athletes in my area. I went in there thinking everything was ok. He has never complained about any sort of dizziness, fainting, rapid heartbeat etc. However...
  Posted
So.. last week I had an appointment with my DR they listened to the heartbeat with the doppler and she said that she thinks she may have heard an arrhythmia and that she wants to check it again in a fews just to be sure because the baby ...
  Posted
My daughter is 6 years old and diagnosed with Complex I defect Mitochondrial disease. She has a history of severe GI dysmotility requiring a GJ tube and central line for TPN. She has hypoglycemia, respiratory, and bladder issues as well...
  Posted
I am 23 years old I am not sure whats happening in my body but I've been to many doctors and they say am ok I have painful chest pain, weakness in my body, memory lost, my hands shake, and my system feels like its shutting down. Am als...
  Posted
My daughter is 4.5 months old, havin 4mm asd and 5mm and 4mm muscular vsd diagoned on routine echocardiogra m , she is asymptomatic, few cardiologist said it closes with age and other suggest for OHS since there is pul htn, but since my...
  Posted
My five yr old was recently seen by a new provider he is now referring us to pediatric cardiology. The pediatrician states that she has a grade 2/3 systolic heart murmur that changes and has a blowing sound with a S1 split. I am in the m...
  Posted
Hi I have a 2 yr old that has a know diagnosis of hypotonia,abberent right subclavian artery and a 5 mm ASD. She also has airway issues (Tracheomalacia) and went blue as a baby. I have noticed she turns dusky and blue around the mouth an...
  Posted
Our baby boy will be 5 weeks old on Tuesday. He has a large peri membranous VSD and couple small fenestrated ASD which was diagnosed a week after birth when we went to the ER with choking episodes with feeding. He was found to have a mur...
  Posted
VSD
my wife is pregnant and we have find large VSD and (AVP is slightly small) . the Pediatrician Pediatrician said that there is large VSD and AVP is slightly small He don’t give us the size for the hall I asked other doctor to giv...
  Posted
I am only twelve, but I feel like I've been having heartburn for a year or two. Whenever I run or eat unhealthy foods, I feel a stabbing feeling in my chest. I can hardly run in a school jog a thon now. Being as it may with heartburn, I ...
  Posted
Took my 14 year old for blood work and ekg today due to the fact that she came to me saying feels like her heart skips a beat. unconfirmed ekg say normal sinus rhythm, left axis deviation and borderline prolonged qt. Any thoughts to help...
  Posted
My baby did echo when he was 2 days, and found there is a hole in his heart, and the doctor told me its pretty big and unlikely to close by itself. Then she asked me to bring baby again three weeks later for another echo. During these 3 ...
  Posted
My 7 year old son has been complaining of chest pain in the upper left quadrant of his chest. Says it feels like someone is punching him from the inside. Can happen daily then not happen for weeks. BP ranges from 92/54 pulse of 77 up ...
  Posted
Dear Dr. My 4.5 months old dd has 1 moderate 5mm perimembranous outlet restrictive VSD and 2 very small apical muscular restrictive VSDs. Gradient is 50mm Hg. Marked LA dilation. She has problem in weight gain and presently on diuretics....
  Posted
My daughter is 4. She was born with transitional atrial-ventricular defect, with a double orifice mitral valve. Her first surgery was in 2011 which closed the atrium and the ventricle part of the defect. Her mitral valve was repaired bec...
  Posted
Hello. Hoping you can give me some insight. I am 37 and just lost our daughter 2 months ago. At a 36 week sonogram we found out her heart was grossly enlarged. Delivered the same day to access. She didn't have much movement and we never ...
  Posted
My baby has a hole in her heart.we diagnosed it when she was 17 days old and it was ASD 0.5 cm.We were asked to wait if it closes on its own.when diagnosed now it has become ASD 0.7 cm,and she is 7 months old.Please give some advice as ...
  Posted
In process of getting heart cath and echo to Boston Children's and CHOP for 2nd opinions... but have been reading and have some general questions. If a newborns pressures never fully normalized due to defects (vsd and ASD causing pressur...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank