Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Can I stop worrying?
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can I stop worrying?

I am Mom to a 3 year old boy with repaired tga/vsd/asd with ascending aortic dilation with mild aortic regurg.  I need to stop worrying but can't seem too.  My sons recent measurements are

Ao Annulus 1.85cm   Z of 4.31
Ao Root      2.38cm   Z of 3.33
Ascending   2.6 cm   Z of 5.35
AV Area (using Diameter) 2.69cm
Proximal Ao Arch     1.57cm

We go back in a year for a re-check, I am just worried we should be looking for a reason this is happening or doing something from preventing it from getting worse?  It is common for tga kids to have dilated aortas, but not by this much? His progression is slow which is a good thing, but will it stop on it's own?  What exactly do the numbers show is happening? He just turned 3 years old.  Our cardio is not a man of many words..thank you very much for your insight.