Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
Confluence pulmanary artery

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Confluence pulmanary artery
my baby is 3 months old. she was diagnosed with these conditions. is this a seriouse condition. docter ask to come back in 3 months for another echo.  do i need to get a another opinion from another docter? what are the treatments that she can get? Mild branch PA origin stenosis
* Branch pulmonary arteries - Confluent
LPA origin stenosis , PG - 50mmHg
RPA origin stenosis , PG - 48 mmHg

* Right atrium - mild dialation
* Right ventricle - mild dialation, no RVA
Dear Nisansala84,

Without evaluating your daughter, I cannot say exactly what is happening.  However, I can say that a gradient of 50 and 48 mmHg, respectively, is NOT mild branch stenosis.  It is moderate to severe, and should be evaluated more completely, with consideration for a cardiac catheterization and balloon angioplasty, if appropriate.  If you are being told that this is mild and that follow-up is in 3 months, you may want to seek a second opinion.