Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
MVP MR+strange feeling

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

MVP MR+strange feeling

I'm 17 years old,male. According to my last post, I don't have any answer so i decide to post this new. I first have had some skipped beat and palpitation for about 5 months. That's not my concern. Last month I'd pain in my left chest pain, shoulder and arm in the morning. It's not sharp pain and don't relate to my breath).I don't know why it happen because I don't do any exercise. It disappeared in evening. Unfortunately, I lied down on my bed and then the pain came again and I felt that my heartbeat is strange. The pulse is regular but I had weird sensation in my left chest. I think my heart beats more than 2 steps and the sound is strange. This strange sound and pain occurred only when I lied down. It lasted for two day and then disappeared. I had EKG during that sensation but everything is normal exept early repolarization which doctor said it was normal. He listened my heartbeat too but while I was sitting and he said normal.
Here is my question
  1.Can I have gallop rhythm only when I'm lying down and it lasts for 3 day.
  2. I do have redundancy MV with mild MVP, trace MR. Is it about this weired sensation?
  3. I'm concern about my MR because I'm only 17 and have this thing and what about my later of life? Could I have  to end up with heart's valve surgery? I have my first echo about 3 months ago.
  4. I'm quite sure that the sound comes from my heart and when I leaned back at that time and take a deep breath, the heart sound like this GROPP.
5. Does it because of pneumothorax? Can pneumothorax make a sound like that?
Thank you in advance
Dear nonamist:  please see my recently posted answer to your multiple questions.  Extra heart beats that are brief can be annoying, but not usually dangerous.  Please speak further with the cardiologist with whom you have been working to discuss your concerns.