Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
infantile ascending aorta aneurysm with hemangiomas
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

infantile ascending aorta aneurysm with hemangiomas

My 10 month old daughter was dx with an ascending aortic aneurysm in utero @ 20 wks. We have been to Boston childrens hospital, University of Virginia and work closely with her pediatric cardiologist here in Roanoke,Va. Our daughter also has multiple small facial and sublingual hemangiomas in which she is currently taking propranalol. So far, I have not found a physician who can dx her with any condition. She does not appear to have any connective tissue disorders, aortic coarctaion or heart valve insufficiency. She also has a trileaflet aortic valve. As i am greatful that she dosent have any known condition, I am educated in the field and have a strong feeling that there has to be a reason for this other than, it just happened. In my studies, I dont really see aortic aneurysms in infants that aren't presented with some other syndrome or condition. Another concern that I have is that currently we are monitoring this 2.0cm aneurysm (that also involves the innominant art.) and have no plans to do surgery. As I do not want my daughter to go through such a surgery. In your oppinion, do you feel that this is a safe approach to dealing with this?