tourettes and aspergers
My son has a comorbid diagnosis of tourettes and aspergers and adhd. We are having issues in school since he can't stay focused. He is oppositional in behaviors too at home. The school has not wanted to add his aspergers to his MFE since we orginally gave them the tourettes and adhd plus they deny seeing it at school. However we have given them three letters from Dr's with aspergers. There have been a few incidents at school where he slipped up and misbehaved. They seem to want to ignore them.  He gets social skills group and OT both at school and privately. Can we get any advise on how to handle the school and his behaviors? The tics are still therelike a head shake and compulsions even while on intuniv. He is also on risperdal and prozac for anxiety. I wish I knew why he struggles so much despite getting an IEP and tutor at home and school. What more should we be doing?

This discussion is related to Asperger's and Tourette's.
I think you should look into finding a child advocate for your son. They are people who will go to your IEP meetings with you and make sure the school is doing what they are supposed to. They work for free and know exactly what the school is required to provide for your son. When we lived in Maine, we were offered a child advocate from Child Developement Services. I don't know if it is called the same thing in every state. Good Luck.