Pediatric Tourette Syndrome Community
tourettes and aspergers
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE PEDIATRIC TOURETTE SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Pediatric Tourette: Causes, Diagnosis, Drugs and Medications, Family and Friends Issues, Living with Tourette Syndrome, Research, Risk Factors, School Issues, Symptoms, and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tourettes and aspergers

My son has a comorbid diagnosis of tourettes and aspergers and adhd. We are having issues in school since he can't stay focused. He is oppositional in behaviors too at home. The school has not wanted to add his aspergers to his MFE since we orginally gave them the tourettes and adhd plus they deny seeing it at school. However we have given them three letters from Dr's with aspergers. There have been a few incidents at school where he slipped up and misbehaved. They seem to want to ignore them.  He gets social skills group and OT both at school and privately. Can we get any advise on how to handle the school and his behaviors? The tics are still therelike a head shake and compulsions even while on intuniv. He is also on risperdal and prozac for anxiety. I wish I knew why he struggles so much despite getting an IEP and tutor at home and school. What more should we be doing?

This discussion is related to Asperger's and Tourette's.