8yr old with mono, AGAIN
My 8 yr old son, who has been very healthy, was diagnosed with mono in Nov. 2011. He has been weak and pittiful unil about 6 weeks ago unil he started gaining some strength back. He was finally able to go back to school. He has been complaining for 2 weeks of extreme exhaustion again. I took him back to the doc this a.m. with a really bad sore throat, body aches and a low grade fever. Strep and flu was neg. She is thinking he has mono again, but he definately has tonsilitis. He's meeting with an ENT next week to discuss removing his tonsils. Please help!! It's breaking my heart to see my 8yr old exhausted all the time.  Could there be an underlying problem? What can I do to get him healthy again??????
You mention tonsilitis and I would definatley have their tonsils  looked at, the symptoms you describe fit the pattern , my children were sick like this, I would say for a few years, they had sore throats ear ache, aches and pains , fevers ...it was their tonsils. Once they were removed they thrived ....get the tonsils checked out and good luck