Pediatrics Community
Almost 9 Year old - Precocious Puberty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Almost 9 Year old - Precocious Puberty

I have an almost 9 year old (2 weeks away) that was recently seen by a pediatric endocrinologist.  She has breast development (buds at 8 with more development from 8 1/2 to present) and pubic hair.  She does not have underarm hair or body odor.  She had a wrist xray which showed 25 months advanced. She is in 90th percentile for height but is very similar in height with the other 4th graders in her class, so I wasn't concerned about her height.  The pediatric endocrinologist said that she is Tanner IV and that she "could" (crystal ball guess) start her period within 6 to 12 months.  I think this is way too early.  My sis-in-law started her period in 4th grade, so I wonder if it is hereditary.  We are going back to see the endocrinologist in December for a follow-up visit.  She mentioned the possibility of shots to deter/delay puberty and onset of menses.  I am presuming that this is lupron. Does anyone have any experience with this medicine?  Thank you.

This discussion is related to Daughter with precocious puberty.