Almost 9 Year old - Precocious Puberty
I have an almost 9 year old (2 weeks away) that was recently seen by a pediatric endocrinologist.  She has breast development (buds at 8 with more development from 8 1/2 to present) and pubic hair.  She does not have underarm hair or body odor.  She had a wrist xray which showed 25 months advanced. She is in 90th percentile for height but is very similar in height with the other 4th graders in her class, so I wasn't concerned about her height.  The pediatric endocrinologist said that she is Tanner IV and that she "could" (crystal ball guess) start her period within 6 to 12 months.  I think this is way too early.  My sis-in-law started her period in 4th grade, so I wonder if it is hereditary.  We are going back to see the endocrinologist in December for a follow-up visit.  She mentioned the possibility of shots to deter/delay puberty and onset of menses.  I am presuming that this is lupron. Does anyone have any experience with this medicine?  Thank you.

This discussion is related to Daughter with precocious puberty.