Pediatrics Community
Concern for my 5 month old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Concern for my 5 month old

Hi i have a 5 month old girl who will look at you any time except when holding her she will do everything she can to not look at you and if you make her she'll cry .. she follows toys interacts with you will follow you leaving a room and even look for you .. she only rolled over a hand full of time from tummy to back and back to tummy its like she only does it when shes interested to other wise she doesn't care for it and she hates tummy time she acts like she can't breathe or uncomfortable  when she on it ..

im really concerned that it may be Autism or something else

Please any kind of advice whould really appreciate it Thank you in advanced
Hi there and welcome.  This is late coming but wanted to respond to your post.  Your baby is little, I would not think in terms of autism at this point.  I have two boys---  one who has sensory integration disorder and one who doesn't.  Neither of my boys really liked tummy time!  Both would cry.

In truth, often kids with autism don't show too many signs as an infant but rather around 1.5 years or later, start to digress which is one of the signs of autism.  

If you are worried about your child's development, I would talk to your pediatrician.  In the United States, we have early intervention programs.  Each city has contracted people that come to your home and evaluate your child to see if there are areas that he/she needs help.  Occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy for eating or eventually talking all are employed.  They help address any concerns a young one is having.  Birth to 3 is the program.  You can request this through your pediatrician or local children's hospital.  It's a govt. program and can be entirely free based on your financial situation.  

I would look into this since you do indeed have concerns.  It could be as simple as 'low tone' which babies do have and need some help strengthening the muscles.  good luck.